How to avoid denial of car insurance claims
A few car insurance claims are sometimes denied. The reasons may vary like accident types, circumstances and delay in claim and medical treatments etc.
To avoid a claim denial, you need to go through the list of reasons given below that are responsible for a claim denial.
MEDICAL TREATMENT DELAY
There should not be delay in medical treatment after an accident, injuries has to be treated as soon as possible. This might aggravate your healing and also claims. When treated on time, medical records are the proof needed to claim your compensation. When there is delay in your treatment, lots of things can be alleged against you that might lead to the denial of your claim, like injury not gotten from the accident, it was not a very bad accident, medical result doesn’t show any injury or pains, or preexisting condition.
AVOIDABLE ACCIDENT OR NOT REPORTING ON TIME
Failure to report on time might lead to claim denial. Therefore, best way is to report on time. If the car accident was avoidable but you failed to take action to prevent it, or your actions contributed to the accident’s occurrence, then claim can also be denied.
INACTIVE CAR INSURANCE
If the car owner pays a fixed amount to its company on time, the insurer can help with your claims. Besides this, if the car owner fails to keep up with his or her fees, the claim might be denied. If the gravity of the accident is more expensive than the insurance fees of the car, the insurance company can deny the claim. The reason for this consider as-
- Damages Exceeding the policy’s coverage limits.
- Exhausted coverage limits.
- The right type of coverage is not included in the policy.
Violation of the law or insurance or being negligent when the car accident occurred, can make the company to deny claims of compensation. Similarly, under the influence of drugs or alcohol, without license, invalid car insurance etc. can make the claim to be denied.
WAYS TO AVOID CLAIM DENIAL
- Inform the insurance company as soon as possible.
- Get information about the documents to submit like medical bills, car paper bills, claim application forms, photocopies of police report, etc.
- Accident related information, data of the alleged, expenses incurred during the accident.
- Inform your local area police with all the details.
- Don’t panic when you get into an accident, get medical help immediately.
- Take pictures of the accident which can be good evidence.
- If your car accident insurance claim was denied, you should seek legal representation.